Volunteer program fees go directly to support Midwives For Haiti’s volunteer program as well as our projects which aim to deliver high impact health interventions in Haiti. Midwives For Haiti is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and your fees are tax-deductible.
The individual program fee for all volunteers is $795 for one week, and $495 for each additional week. A non-refundable $150 deposit is due within one week of scheduled trip confirmation (the remainder is due 4 weeks prior to arrival). Volunteers are required to pay their own roundtrip flight expenses to Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
A non-refundable $150 deposit is due within one week of scheduled trip confirmation (the remainder is due 4 weeks prior to arrival). Volunteers are required to pay their own roundtrip flight expenses to Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Groups of five or more volunteers coming together are entitled to a 10% discount on their volunteer fees, so bring your friends! We cannot accept children; minimum volunteer age is 18.
If Midwives For Haiti cancels the trip, the volunteer may request a full refund or may apply the fees to a rescheduled trip. If the volunteer cancels their trip, their deposit is nonrefundable but they may request a refund of the remainder of their fees or apply the entire balance to a rescheduled trip.
We are able to accommodate volunteers on a week-to-week basis (Saturday to Saturday). Volunteers are welcome to apply for one week or more. Volunteers who wish to come for more than one week may request a longer stay in their application, we would to have you!
We strongly recommend that you book your trip two months in advance, as we have limited slots available at our guesthouse.
Your program package includes:
- Personal support from MFH staff throughout scheduling and preparation process
- Program materials, including orientation documents
- Fundraising strategies and resources
- Accommodations at MFH’s house in Hinche, Haiti
- Meals: 3 meals daily (lunch and dinner prepared for you by staff)
- Airport transportation: pick-up and drop-off in Port-Au-Prince on Saturdays only
- Program orientation by MFH staff members upon your arrival
- Support: 24/7 support from our In-Country staff
- Access to a Haitian translator Monday-Friday
- Local transportation around Hinche for volunteer activities
- Midwives For Haiti t-shirt
- Advocacy Packet
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter
- Access to our private Facebook Group