We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working in Hinche, Haiti with our administrative office in Richmond, Virginia. EIN: 27-2368581. All donations are tax-deductible. Please read our Privacy Statement.
Our training program and the healthcare services we provide are free to our students and the mothers and infants of Haiti. We also pay the salaries of 35 of our graduates.
This work is made possible by the generous support of individuals, partners, corporate sponsors and grants. About half of our annual budget comes from private donations.
COST EFFECTIVE + PRODUCTIVE
At Midwives For Haiti, our goal is to be as cost effective and impactful as possible. We achieve this by:
Low admin overhead:
- Our administrative staff is less than five people
- Employees use their home office, and we only rent a storage space.
- We utilize digital files and sharing and are paperless whenever possible, saving a ton of money on printing
Low project overhead:
- We employ eight local Haitian midwifery teachers instead of relying on multiple foreign teachers and paying U.S. salaries.
- We invest in the community and hire local Haitian staff to manage and maintain our headquarters.
- Volunteers pay their own way. Their fees cover the cost of maintaining our headquarters and domestic staff. Volunteers also perform tasks to fill in any gaps while in Haiti, saving us even more money.
- We empower our graduates to be the change they wish to see in Haiti. Their impact is exponentially greater than temporary medical volunteers.
By keeping our overhead and admin expenses low, we can maximize the impact of each dollar we receive and put it to what matters most: the lives of Haitian mothers and their babies.
We welcome in-kind donations. Medical equipment, office supplies, airline miles, and clothing for mother and baby are all appreciated. If you would like to make an in-kind donation, please contact email@example.com for more information, a list of immediate needs, or to find out how to get it to us.
One of the best ways to support Midwives For Haiti is to become a partner or corporate sponsor. Sponsors get recognition and brand awareness while we put your money to work for the mothers and children of Haiti. We’ve had partnerships with Arrow Birth, Baby Blanket, yoga clothing companies, women’s health groups, and other products. It’s a win-win situation.
FRIENDS OF MIDWIVES FOR HAITI:
READ OUR ANNUAL REPORTS
CAN YOU HELP? GIVE US A CALL: 804.545.6882
QUESTIONS? EMAIL US AT QUERIES@MIDWIVESFORHAITI.ORG
MFH 990 Forms (2010 through 2019)